- To become aware and conscious of our body and how it feels.
- Noticing how different movements and tactile sensations feel.
- Relax and become ready for action.
Do the following yourself or support someone to do as much as they are able:
- Stretch your arms up, hold for a few seconds and release.
- Circle shoulders round a few times in both directions.
- Rub down your arms from your shoulders down to your hands.
- Gently massage your hands.
- Rub down your legs gently.
- Roll your ankle round a few times.
- Gently massage the top of your head then gently tap around your forehead, around your eyes, down over your cheeks and around your jaw.