MusicEL is a new way to learn music online
We’re not just another “learn your instrument online” website. We’re an online community for music and learning.
Learning on MusicEL isn’t just about online instrumental lessons, it also allows you to become part of a community of musicians. Combining:
- forums, online seminars, and livestreams
- online bands, choirs and ensembles
- challenges and competitions
You’ll have all you need to explore music-making in a fun and engaging way within a community of like minded musicians. See some examples from our community page here:
NEW BandLab Courses
Helping you get creative with BandLab
BandLab is a great bit of free, easy-to-use software. Whatever your style of music, from classical to pop to EDM, BandLab lets you get creative, without the need for buying any music kit. You can use it on any platform – PC, Mac, mobile and tablet.
We have a selection of BandLab courses available, created by Music Producer & BandLab expert Si Gordon, with some fantastic introductory special offers…
Si is great at teaching music and he has been really helpful to help us get into music more
MusicEL (MusicELearning) is an exciting new way to learn instruments, singing, songwriting and music production. Perfectly fitting alongside traditional lessons to expand your musical horizons. Including:
- online courses and resources
- live seminars with teachers
- additional tasks to take your knowledge to the next level
Free membership for one month!
Try out our 6 free courses for one month to get a taster. They are:
- Songwriter and Harmonica courses
- Demonstrations of brass, wind and strings
- Strings – a survival course for parents
- Beginner theory, and scales with backing tracks
You can add live online teaching – in group seminars, or one-to-one lessons. We have over 100 experienced teachers in almost any instrument or genre. Whether you’re just starting out, learning for fun, or looking to make music your career, we’ll support your journey.
Learn in your own time, at your own pace, and join the community.
Choose your pathway to get what you need:
- Lots of resources to explore and discover
- Courses supporting lessons in school with Cornwall Music Service Trust
- Challenges and competitions
- A safe space for learning and interacting (with forums for ages 13+)
- A convenient way to refresh old skills and develop new ones
- Learn at your own pace, in the privacy of your own home
- Forums to build a supportive community and encourage peer learning
- Live lessons with teachers who are also gigging musicians
- Easy access to music for small or rural schools
- Wellbeing pack for schools – created by music therapists
- First access – whole class music with blended learning
- Primary curriculum and topic resources
- Early Years resources and training
The benefits of eLearning
Some feedback from our students and their parents.
My son has appreciated the routine of his remote music lessons and we have both been grateful for it providing a structure within our week.
Now he has understood the challenge of what it is to be fully independent of his teacher, his playing has come along in leaps and bounds and he understands the importance of practising between lessons too. He is achieving musicality – just in a different way – and it is very rewarding to see.
Sarah MalcolmSt. Austell
As a pupil receiving online violin lessons, I want to say how amazing these lessons are and how it has kept me on track to achieve my grade 2. I really look forward to my lessons and seeing Karen on the screen. I feel like I have made lots of progress and I am inspired to continue my practice alongside my lessons. It has kept my love for playing the violin alive!
Edie, Year 5Charlestown School
As a parent, I have seen the positive influence that receiving virtual lessons has had on my daughter’s learning, enthusiasm and creativity. It has been inspiring to witness. The lessons have been a huge highlight in our week.
I can highly recommend any parent to access these vital lessons for their children if they are learning an instrument, to keep their enthusiasm and love for music alive in these extraordinary times.