In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of.Robert Schumann
This activity for guitarists is designed to work as part of Cornwall Music Service Trust’s online music lessons, and is written by Tom Lintell (guitar teacher).
In this activity you will:
- Learn about writing melodies
- How to add chords to your melodies
- How to write notation, and a bit of theory.
You will need:
- A guitar to try out ideas for your composition
- Manuscript paper which you can print out online from places like this – http://www.music-paper.com/music-manuscript.html
- A pencil and rubber
When you’re ready click on page 2 to get started!