Loop-pack Remix Challenge
MusicEL teacher, Si Gordon, is a renowned music producer, as well as teacher for our BandLab course.
His composition and recording work has appeared on the likes of American Idol, Oprah Winfrey, Sky Sports, Miami Ink, America’s Next Top Model, MTV Europe, Trinny & Susannah Undress, Storm Watches, Horrible Histories and more.
And he’s also produced four loop packs for BandLab, which we’re inviting you to remix in our competition!
The competition is simple – take any of Si Gordon’s 4 loop packs on BandLab (details below), and use the loops to make your own remix.
- Open to everyone from complete beginners to more advanced.
- Open for individuals, groups or collaborators.
- Any age – we’ll have separate categories for adults and young people.
- Any length and style of music.
Closing date – Friday 18th December
What will you win?
The winner and runners up will be picked by our panel of judges, including Si Gordon.
The overall winner will be invited to take part in a Zoom masterclass with the man himself – Si Gordon – who will help you take the winning track to the next level.
We also have two prizes on offer, generously donated by GAK – an Akai Professional LPD8 controller, and a Korg NanoKEY2. These will make creating music in BandLab a breeze. Thanks GAK!
Your work will be showcased on the MusicEL website, and our social media platforms.
The winner and 10 runners up will have 3 months of free access to our BandLab courses. You will be amongst the first to access Cornwall’s ultimate online music learning platform, with videos, tips, and everything you need to take your music production on BandLab to the next level.
How to enter
- Use any of the four loop packs produced by Si Gordon (search for the titles below on BandLab):
2. Get creative! Write some music. Any style, any length. You can use your own sounds too, as long as content from Si’s loop packs are at the heart of your track.
3. Record your music. You can use any music software you want – it doesn’t have to be BandLab. If you’re using another DAW on a PC/Mac you can access the loops using the BandLab Assistant (which lets you import BandLab loops into any DAW).
4. Once you have done the hard part and created your remix, you just need to email your mp3 to [email protected], along with the consent form below (for either under-18s or for adults). To download the form, click the link below, then click the “File” menu, then “Download”.
MusicEL courses to help get you started
If you want to get to grips with how to use BandLab, we have some courses to help:
Good Luck and we can’t wait to hear everything you have to offer!