This activity for guitarists is written by Tom Lintell (guitar teacher).
You can view the first part of the course for free. In this activity you will:
- Learn about writing melodies
- What makes an interesting shape for a melody
- How using rhythms and dynamics changes the feel of a melody
- Discover how to add chords and a bass line to your melodies
- How to write notation, and a bit of theory.
For this course, you will need:
- A guitar to try out ideas for your composition
- Manuscript paper, which you can print out online here
- A pencil and rubber
About your teacher
Tom Lintell is an experienced teacher with Cornwall Music Service Trust. He’s also a performer, composer, and music producer in a wide range of musical styles.
By way of introduction you can check out one of his many tracks on SoundCloud below. This one combines all of his skills in a soundtrack style….